Contributing to and Supporting the 4DIAC Open Source Initiative
If you are willing to help 4DIAC, there multiple ways to contribute and support.
Bug Wrangling and Testing
- Find and report bugs. This is a critical need for ensuring the quality of 4DIAC.
- Submit ideas for improvement via 4DIAc's issue tracker.
- Review and verify reported bugs. Sometimes there is not enough info attached to a bug report or it is hard to reproduce. Trying to reproduce a bug and extending the description is of great value.
- Rate Bugs, feature requests, and ideas. This helps that we can focus our limited resources on the most important elements first.
Documentation, Marketing, and Supporting new Users
- Improve and extend the existing documentation in the 4DIAC Wiki
- Write new tutorials for the 4DIAC Wiki
- Support the Forums: Answer questions in the different forums
- Spread the word: link to 4DIAC, use 4DIAC logo on your web page, write articles, blog entries, etc.
IEC 61499 Development
- Extend and improve FB library. Having a large set of FBs increases the usability of 4DIAC for developing control solutions.
If you are a developer feel free to grab the code and start hacking. You can submit your patch any time when you are ready.
- For ideas where to start your effort have a look at the bugs and features submitted to the 4DIAC's issue tracker.
- For getting started feel free to ask questions in the Developers forum.